Stress. We went and looked at that house again yesterday afternoon to see it during the daylight and not during a monsoon. We stayed in there a while…and when we were done and came out there were 6 cars parked around the lot. SIX. Holy crap. Apparently this is a sweet deal, great location, etc. etc. etc.
I am just sick over it. Kingman’s work contract is up tomorrow, and he is meeting with the hospital admins on the 7th (they can’t seem to actually meet BEFORE the contract is due)…he is to nervous to put a contract in b/c there is always the chance the salary could go down. Not likely, but always a possibility. If we had to pull out of the contract do to that we would lose our retainer ($1000)…b/c theoretically even if they lowered his salary by a 10% I we still would be able to theoretically afford it, but for our fiscal comfort we wouldn’t. We like to travel a lot and really use a lot of money for all that each month. We don’t want our lifestyle to change a ton….that is the idea of choosing this house.
SO, I am SURE there is going to be a contract put on the house. It will not be us until Kingman gets his new contract. I totally would risk the 1000..but my husband won’t. Not to sound cocky, but we have it. After paying off all our debt- we have really been socking 1/3 of each paycheck into savings every two weeks……a thousand would hurt, but I could work extra for three weeks and have it back.
I just can’t push him into something he isn’t ready for, but I honestly don’t think he will ever be ready. There will always be something. He has never had to make a decision all on his own. He has never been responsible for a huge major financial choice. He has to weigh everything for weeks before making a decision. It is infuriating. All the good deals on houses around here go within 24-48 hours b/c most are overpriced STILL.
UGH. On the plus side I had a wonderful massage today. She is fellow fitness boot camper so I got 10 dollars off. 🙂 It was wonderful!!