I am all sorts of curious as to what kind of search hits I will get with this. LOL
I recently added all my spices, canned fruits, veggies, pastas, fridge and freezer contents into a website called Super Cook.com That is one awesome website!!! So it will tell you what you can make with the ingredients you enter. One recipe said Do you have “Pumpkin”? If so you can make “curried pumpkin soup”. It pulls all the recipes from different recipe websites. This one is from All Recipes.com
What they heck I decided. I had some yummy spicy pumpkin soup in Aruba, so I decided I would give it a try.
Oh my yumminess. (I didn’t do the seeds, but I will next time!)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until seeds begin to brown.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in flour and curry powder until smooth. Cook, stirring, until mixture begins to bubble. Gradually whisk in broth, and cook until thickened. Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half. Season with soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring just to a boil, then remove from heat. Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds.
Online there are reviews, and I used some of the suggestions in the reviews and tweeked the recipe……
- 1/4 Cup of food processed onions to the bubbling butter,
- chicken broth stead of vegtable
- used Coconut milk instead of the 1/2 & 1/2,
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Only put in one cube of sugar
This is so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!