Today Oat starts the day with a Bum Genius 4.0 Pocket in the Artist series
I love these diapers! I have not ever had one single problem with them. They are a pocket diaper that comes with two microfleece inserts (on that has snaps on it to adjust and one doubler that is thinner.
They are awesome overnight diapers to me! I am not a huge fan of the microfleece for over night- but it works. I generally stuff it with my bamboo inserts from my swaddlebees pockets (2nd picture) that I got off of Baby Steals .
Hummm…in trying to find links to those, I can’t find them anywhere. Maybe they stopped making the swaddlebees pocket? Swaddlebees and Blueberry are the same company, so I linked you to the comparable Blueberry diaper. I have some Blueberry- but the lining is different. Sigh. Those are for another post.
Also- NO, I didn’t pay full price for these! They are awesome and totally worth it, but I got them on the Steals network for like $15. SOO FREAKING WORTH IT! If you aren’t already following them- DO IT!
Okay, so this BG (bum Genius) review has been hijacked by Swaddlebees/blueberry. LOL Sorry. That is my mind lately.
- Fit wonderfully, high rise to cover everything!
- Well placed snaps to make it fit smaller babies (I started using them when he was 6# or so and they were big- started fitting the best around 7-8#, but I never had a leak)
- Stretchy tabs that have the snaps- makes for great fit all the way around the top of the diaper on the belly. (First picture)
- Stay dry liner that sits on the baby’s skin. Doesn’t feel wet at ALL- my husband freaked the first time he changed one of these. He thought Oat hadn’t peed at all. LOL
- Quality fabric on the outside know it will last!
- Awesome snaps!!
- Cute colors. 🙂
- Velcro dipes give you a GREAT fit, no worrying about being in between snap sizes (although with the stretchy sides, it isn’t really an issue to me so far)
- Super fast drying time!!
- Sun bleach out the poo stains! Like GONE GONE. WOAH!
- no option for natural inserts (bamboo, hemp, etc.) I really like them for nighttime use.
- Velcro ones- the laundry tabs don’t hold the hook/loop well when washed with microfiber. (um, and they are all the time) I try to put them in laundry bag to wash separately in the same load.
- Kinda bulky/ill fitting front when you have to snap the insert all the way down for smallest setting. (3rd picture), but this isn’t really an issue, just thought I’d mention it. Might be something I am doing wrong. LOL
** I have received nothing for doing these review posts.. No products, no monetary compensation. I am doing this to help my fellow cloth diaper ladies and gents!!!!***